Position: Senior Software Developer
Abra is a marketing technology company that makes software to help merchants offer better deals to their customers and run higher converting promotions. Shopify’s ecosystem is ripe for disruption by providing extensible functionality that serves their growing enterprise class of merchants. We’re uniquely positioned to deliver a superior user experience leveraging our years of industry knowledge and using Shopify’s latest technologies and APIs. Work with us as we shape the future of e-commerce and unlock new opportunities for success.
We’re seeking a senior software developer well-versed in Node.js and the Shopify ecosystem to join our team. You’ll lead development for new and existing products to better serve our merchants. You should be familiar with working across multiple web services and applications within Google Cloud, Shopify App Extensions, and Shopify Themes.
Our current area of focus is developing new promotions and offer combinations using Shopify Functions and WebAssembly. You can see an example with our most recent new promotion: Gift With Purchase. Your work spans shipping new data models and APIs on the backend in Node.js, building out features on the frontend in the Shopify App in React and Polaris, connecting these on the Shopify Storefront for buyers using Metafields and Liquid, and customizing Shopify Themes to take full advantage of the new capabilities.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and maintain various web applications, including Cloud Functions, Cloud Run, Cloud SQL, Shopify Apps, and Shopify Themes.
- Work closely with team members to ensure effective communication and collaboration on projects.
- Integrate merchants’ themes with new and existing features and provide the necessary support to merchants.
- Stay updated with Shopify and industry trends and advancements in web development technologies to enhance the team’s knowledge and capabilities.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues, test and monitor applications, and ensure the overall quality and performance of the developed applications is at the highest standard.
- Participate in regular online meetings with the team to discuss progress, share ideas, and address any challenges or concerns.
- Adapt to new technologies, tools, and frameworks as required by the project needs.
- Maintain code documentation and adhere to coding best practices to ensure code readability, scalability, and maintainability.
- 3+ years of work experience in software development.
- Familiarity with Shopify’s ecosystem: Shopify Themes, Shopify Apps, Shopify App Extensions.
- Experience working with Rest and GraphQL APIs, and Google Cloud Platform.